Karen Reznek <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 18 Jan 2005 07:40:53 -0500
Paul Russell wrote the following on 1/15/2005 9:32 PM:

> The 'report as spam' button is immediately adjacent to the 'delete'
> button in the AOL mailbox window, so it is possible that the spam
> complaint was submitted accidentally.

What some of us have discovered is that *any* message than lands in the
spam folder is reported as spam -- it doesn't have to be deliberately
reported. Some subscribers have found that very tight spam controls
results in a lot of legitimate mail being filtered to their spam folder.
If they don't check it before closing their session, all mail left in it
is reported. In addition, AOL encourages their subscribers to filter
unwanted mail into their spam folder. So if subscriber A finds
subscriber B annoying and filters their mail, that mail is all reported
as spam.

On my list we've encouraged our AOL subscribers to reset their spam
controls and check their spam folder every time their read their mail.
This has helped to keep the number of reported posts low.

--
Karen Reznek, head listowner - Asperger
[log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]