Options: Use Monospaced Font
Show Text Part by Default
Show All Mail Headers

Topic: [<< First] [< Prev] [Next >] [Last >>]

Print Reply
Nathan Brindle <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 19 Feb 2008 14:31:01 -0500
text/plain (100 lines)
You can check the LISTSERV log, to see how long it's taking LISTSERV to generate the mailing from start to finish.  But I think the bottleneck is occuring either during the SMTP transfer from LISTSERV to Mirapoint, or even in Mirapoint itself.

I think you will have to look at the Mirapoint logs to find out why this slowdown is happening.  Again, it seems to me like LISTSERV is very responsive when queried interactively, which tends to suggest that any problem in delivery is not on LISTSERV's side.

Nathan

At 01:13 PM 2/19/2008 -0600, Jesòs Rivas wrote:
>Sorry, we have Listserv 14.5 HPO
>
>Group mail delivers to Mirapoint much faster than Listserv.
>How can I improve the amount of messages delivered to Mirapoint from Listserv?
>We have tested setting the MAXSMTP from 5 to 500 with aparently the same delivery time.
>
>Thanks in advance and best regards,
>Jesus
>
>Nathan Brindle escribiì:
>>Miguel -- Jesus has HPO already.
>>
>>Jesus, your server is very responsive when queried interactively via the TCPGUI port, but mail (e.g., the response to RELEASE or SHOW) seems to take forever to get out.  I'm still waiting for response to mail I sent to LISTSERV 20 minutes ago.
>>
>>I would imagine the issue is that the Mirapoint mail server you're using for outbound delivery simply can't handle the volume you're feeding it.  MAXBSMTP looks too low but that may be due to restrictions imposed by the Mirapoint server; I have no idea as I don't know anything about Mirapoint.
>>
>>Nathan
>>
>>At 11:00 AM 2/19/2008 -0600, Almanza, Miguel wrote:
>>
>>>Hola, Jesus Alonso.
>>>
>>>We had a similar situation with our Linux installation of version 1.8d and about 20,000 subscribers in one list, but at that time we were running ListServ Lite, and we understood it queued 120 users per 4 to 5 minutes--whether we had an incorrect setting or not, we knew that version wasn't meant to send to this many subscriber. The last subscriber of the list would receive the message after 4 hours or even later.
>>>
>>>Although I am not completely sure we could have fixed it with CLASSIC instead of LITE, we took LSOFT's recommendation to move to the 15.0 HPO version.
>>>We have been creating lists and sending messages to all recipients of the same list--which changed now to about 16,000 subscribers--and haven't had ListServ deliver a message in more than minutes. We ran tests with a temporary LAK and noticed the improvement with HPO.
>>>If it is feasible and within your budget, I highly suggest giving HPO a try with such a large list.
>>>Saludos. ÒBuena suerte!
>>>
>>>Miguel A. Almanza
>>>Web & Unix administrator
>>>University of Houston - Downtown
>>>
>>>-----Original Message-----
>>>From: LISTSERV site administrators' forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Jesòs Rivas
>>>Sent: Tuesday, February 19, 2008 09:58
>>>To: [log in to unmask]
>>>Subject: [LSTSRV-L] sending emails is slow
>>>
>>>Hi,
>>>
>>>We have a 27000 subscribers list, the delivery time is about 6 hours. Is this normal?
>>>If is not, how can we configure Listserv to improve the delivery time?
>>>Is there another setting aside the MAXSMTP value?
>>>
>>>We have windows 2003 server. Listserv 14.5 and our SMTP is a Mirapoint RG
>>>
>>>here is a part of the configuration
>>>=================================
>>>FIOC_TARGET=32768
>>>FIOC_TRIM=39321
>>>FIOC_WARNING=57344
>>>MAXBSMTP=25
>>>NODE=DIDAGE.ORG.MX
>>>SMTP_FORWARD=200.23.90.203
>>>SMTP_FORWARD_1=10*200.23.90.203