"Wayne T. Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 31 Jan 2002 15:41:15 -0500
On 31 Jan 2002 at 13:46, Pam Parker wrote, in part:
> I know this is such a basic question but I am very new to ListServ.  I want

I'm not that new and don't know the answer ;-)

> to set up an announcement list so that a college can send announcements e-
> mails to students but students in return cannot post to the list
> subscribers.  I used the example in the manual but for some reason now the
> list editors/owners cannot post to the list through the web interface.

We may need more information on "cannot post".  I have no problem on a
similarly configured list, but *unfortunately*, LISTSERV sends me
confirmation e-mail ... even though I am (or could be) authenticated via
the LISTSERV web authentication.  So, is it possible that your posters are
simply not replying with "OK"?

Maybe I've missed something, but I hope the next version of LISTSERV allows
an authenticated post without e-mail interaction.

> Are there any improvements I can make and how can I solve the web interface
> problem for the owners.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank
> you!!

> Notebook= Yes,c:\listspace\,Yearly,Private

As an aside, at least for some other platforms, LSOFT strongly recommends
each list have its own archive directory.

cheers, wayne

Wayne T. Smith                         Systems Group - UNET
[log in to unmask]                 University of Maine System