"Glenn A. Malling" <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 14 Feb 1997 12:33:24 -0500
[log in to unmask] said:

> I believe that our listerv processes awaiting jobs in a LIFO manor.
> We often have a bunch of jobs waiting to be processed, and would like
> listerv to process the job FIFO.

LISTSERV processes the queue in physical directory order.  If LISTSERV
sorted the directory by file name then it would process pseudo FIFO
because that's the way the file names would collate.  *ix systems
do not keep a directory in collating order.  Programs like "ls"
sort the directory for presentation.

--
Glenn A. Malling <[log in to unmask]>
Syracuse University Computing Services   +1 (315) 443-4111

Postmaster for SUnix and LISTSERV.