"Patrick B. O'Brien" <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 15 Mar 2004 13:45:06 -0800
It runs great on RH Linux, even better. Its no problem to move it.

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Russell [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wednesday, March 10, 2004 7:13 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Anybody running on linux platform?

Brian Bohlmann wrote:

> Hello,
>
> We are considering migrating our server from AIX to linux so we can
> implement the anti-virus scanner. I'm hoping someone else on this list
> may have already done something similar and would be able to share
> their experiences. So, if anyone has either migrated their server to
> linux or are currently running their server on a linux platform, I
> would be very appreciative if you would reply to this message.

We took a different approach. We run LISTSERV on Solaris, a platform on
which
the integrated A/V solution is not offered, however, we run A/V software
on the
MX hosts for our domain. Rather than migrate LISTSERV to a platform
where the
integrated A/V solution is supported, we simply specified the domain MX
hosts
as the MX hosts for our LISTSERV server, then configured the LISTSERV
server
to accept inbound SMTP traffic only from its MX hosts.

--
Paul Russell
Senior Systems Administrator