Bill Gruber <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 27 Aug 1993 21:32:52 EDT
On Fri, 27 Aug 1993 11:49:38 -0700 Steven Hodas said:
>A friend of mine wants to subscribe to some mailing lists from her America
>OnLine account.

It certainly doesn't matter to me if she subscribes, but you might be
interested in America OnLine's official policy on mailing lists.  I know
people do it anyhow, but here is the text from the help file on AOL
entitled "Can I subscribe to mailing lists?":

"America Online does not support Internet mailing lists because of the large
volume of incoming mail these lists generate.  Please do not subscribe to any
mailing lists using your America Online address."

Bill Gruber
City University of New York Computer Center