"Jack R. Taylor" <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 27 Apr 1996 12:47:39 -0500
For almost three years cycling.org served as a free host (majordomo)
for what became almost 200 mail lists related to the general topic of
bicycling.  Lists cover essentially every aspect of cycling sport,
recreation, and transportation.  Recently, the cycling.org site
transferred to a commercial enterprise. The price structure, while
reasonable, is such that most of the mail lists will cease to exist.

A scramble for other possibilities is now taking place.

I, for example maintain a list sponsored by Georgia (US) Bicycle
Federation, a non-profit bicycle advocacy organization
([log in to unmask]).  GBF maintains both a Georgia Bicycling Web site
and a national advocacy site on the World Wide Web.  If any current
sites might have any interest in sponsoring our mail-list needs we
would be most appreciative.  I'm afraid all we could offer in return
is a "sponsorship" notice at our web site.  Our list has about 70
members and a volume of about a dozen messages a week.  We can
perform any list-manager tasks which are desirable for the host.

In addition, if any of you might be interested in providing mail-list
services on any basis to any of the lists, you can send information to me
and I will forward it, or send them directly to the list-managers
at [log in to unmask] which I believe is an open list.

In you have any interest in sponsoring the Georgia list please
respond to me directly- I do not monitor, nor wish to clutter, this
list.

Thanks and Share-the-Road

Jack R. Taylor

Visit CHAINGUARD-Online: Bicycle Advocacy
http://www.serve.com/bikesrus/chainguard/