Bob Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 12 Feb 1996 17:37:03 GMT
Hi...

I own two lists on the listserver at idbsu.idbsu.edu.  I have read the
owners manual through several times over the last few months and
I am still puzzled with a couple of issues.   The system postmaster
is rather busy, so I hope you do not mind helping me.

1)  How do I institute the TOP_BANNER & BOTTOM_BANNER featues?
      Also the Welcome msg...   I am quite puzzled by this...

     I have tried several things, but to no avail.  The server rejects

     my attempts to put the files on the server.

     My list headers have the statement of  FILES=NO
     Could this be the cause of my problem?  Would changing this allow
     me to put these files on the system and have them function?

2)  Can someone explain the SERVE and SERVE OFF commands and
     how they properly function?   I have been told that as a
     listowner I have access to using these, but I keep erroring out
     when I try to use these commands.

 3) Is it possible to be served off my server automaticly by sending
     too many failed commands to the server?   I read something about
     reaching a maximum of 21 failed commands and then the server will
     serve me off.   Does this apply to a struggling list owner?

Thanks for you help in advance...

       Bob

 Bob Wright - [log in to unmask] - http://nospin.com
    Owner - PCBUILD  mailing list