Jos Laake <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 17 Jun 2003 18:29:44 -0400
Hi,
I'm setting up a number of closed-subscription listserv lists
for a group that also has a web site/database for keeping
information on all the members and their companies.  We would
like some way for the system admin of that other web site to
enter a new group member into the database there and checkmark
(via html 'radio' buttons or some such thing) which lists the
new group member will be subscribed to and then upon entry of
that person in the database, list subscription commands would
be generated and sent to our listserv that would automatically
subscribe the new members to the selected lists without the
admin having to do it all manually.

Now, the admin is a legitimate list owner and listserv maintainer
and we're trying to use his e-mail address and password for the
ADDH (or DEL) commands.  But our listserv keeps diverting the
commands to the list owner(s) with the following error message:

The enclosed message, found in the LISTSERV mailbox and shown
under the spool ID 0003 in the  system log, has been identified
as a possible delivery error notice for the following reason:
mail origin seems to be a mailer.