Mon, 18 Nov 1996 12:17:54 -0500
On Mon, 18 Nov 1996 14:08:38 +1100, you said:
> Hi,
>
> Could someone please explain to me what this error is about.
>
> I get it regularly, and I'd like to know what I need to do to stop these.

>    ----- The following addresses had delivery problems -----
> <[log in to unmask]>  (unrecoverable error)

The basic problem is that this site has *really* poor E-mail connectivity,
and as a result your chances of actually delivering mail to it are somewhere
between slim and none.  Your best bet is to figure out what subscriber(s)
on your list are handled by that Listserv, and delete them, and then
send them a direct mail explaining the situation.

Personally, I use Procmail to filter my mail, and I just set it to dump all
these bounces from that one Listserv site into a junk folder.

Eric: Can somebody investigate making this site :backbone.no so that
it doesn't get handed DIST jobs, or see if something else needs to be
done about this site?