Mon, 17 Feb 1997 13:31:34 -0800
Greetings to all.

To all readers, we would like to set up a new mailing list to form a
discussion group where topics related to Islam, Malaysia, and Malaysian
Muslim community (especially for students outside of Malaysia) can be
discussed.  Most messages will be posted in either English or Malay
language.  Most of the subscribers will be a member of our organization
(ABIM) but are not required to do so.  For your information, ABIM stands
for The Muslim Youth Movement of Malaysia and detailed information about
our organization can be found at:

http://www.jaring.my/abim

    -> Please ignore the information regarding our present mailing list
       (abimlink) since that is done using procmail alone and hence it
is
       not easy to maintain.

Presently, the would be subscribers are estimated to be around 200
people.

Should any of you interested, please reply directly to

Thank you all for your cooperation.

shahrum
ABIM IT Committee