"Peter M. Weiss" <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 23 Oct 1993 10:36:19 EDT
In article <[log in to unmask]>, "Steve M. Moore"
<[log in to unmask]> says:

I did a DISTRIBUTE MAIL DEBUG at listserv@miamiu of multiple addreses:

Date:         Sat, 23 Oct 1993 10:36:14 -0400
From:         BITNET list server at MIAMIU (1.7f)
Subject:      Output of your job "Path.D"

Job "Path.D" started on 23 Oct 1993 10:36:13

> DIST2 Mail Debug=Yes
Debug trace information:

MIAVX1                         goes to PSUVM    (057) - single recipient
MIAVX1.ACS.MUOHIO.EDU          goes to MIAMIU   (136)
PSUVM                          goes to PSUVM    (057) - single recipient
PSUVM.PSU.EDU                  goes to PSUVM    (057) - single recipient

Path information:

 PSUVM   : Direct

Job "Path.D" ended   on 23 Oct 1993 10:36:14

Also, a search of the PEERS database revealed:

Ref Nodeid   Version Country Backbone Dist LISTS
--- ------   ------- ------- -------- ---- -----
040 PSUVM     1.7f     US       Y      Y     -
101 MIAMIU    1.7f     US       -      -     -

Send the following LISTSERV commands to NDSUVM1 (thanks Marty Hogg) -

> /n miavx1 (b
There are 2 backbone LISTSERVs nearest to MIAVX1 and they are 31252
linkweights away:
         YSUB
         PSUVM

> /n miavx1 (now
The nearest LISTSERV to MIAVX1 is at MIAMIU and it is 1 node away.
It is not a backbone server.

Seems to me that you should (?) update you LISTSERV to indicate
"distribute".  While you're updating, how about using UPDATE@BITNIC
and add a ":internet.miavx1.acs.muohio.edu" so that LISTSERV will
now the equivalence?

/Pete ([log in to unmask])
--
Peter M. Weiss         "The 'NET' never naps"             +1 814 863 1843
31 Shields Bldg. -- Penn State Univ -- University Park, PA USA 16802-1202