Eric Thomas <ERIC@LEPICS>
Tue, 16 May 89 18:11:51 GMT
LISTSERV GROUPS  is (was) maintained  by the  BITNIC. I have  strictly no
responsibility for this file. It would be a very bad idea to document all
existing lists in this file, because  this would require a minimum of two
full-time  people just  to keep  it up  to date  :-) That  is one  of the
reasons why I  developed the LISTS database, which contains  all the info
you might need about just ANY existing LISTSERV list. It cannot be merged
into a file  like LISTSERV GROUPS, for the very  simple reason that there
are so many lists on the network  (1495 as of today) that this file would
be several megabytes, and nobody would read it.

  Eric