Ross Patterson <A024012@RUTVM1>
Tue, 09 Jun 87 10:59:50 EDT
>  NODUPD-D:  (Some list which distributes VERSyymm NODUPD and BITNET LINKS)
>(3) In more general terms, for these 'bulk' files, it would be better to
>    setup a list that recipients would SUBSCRIBE to, and AFD it to the files
>    in question.  This would allow the files to be DISTRIBUTEd rather than
>    sent out flat.

Jeff,

    That's what NODUPD-D does.  It is an attempt to relieve traffic by
using DISTRIBUTE  to send out  the non-custom  files that we  all need
each month.  Steve Howes at BYU is in charge of it, and has AFD'ed one
peer to  both VERSyymm NODUPD and  BITNET LINKS.  There are  six peers
for the list, and each then DISTRIBUTEs the data files to its handfull
of SUBSCRIBErs.  If you feel there are other files that should be sent
this way, contact Steve.

Ross