"David Boyes (Network Postmaster)" <556@OREGON1>
Tue, 19 Jan 88 15:11:07 PST
>I can't expect any  Unix site of people who want to be  on my mailing list to
>run a special package, can I?

You certainly should encourage it. smail is not *that* hard to install and get
running if you have  your wits about you and can read  the English language at
better than  a 8th grade level.  Perhaps this might provide  some incentive to
people still using /bin/mail to get into  the 20th century and get some decent
tools.

>I don't think this is a complex patch, and would enable Listserv to deal more
>effectively with the chaos in UUCP.

"It's perfect, but can you make this one small change...." -- 8-) 8-)

David Boyes       (503) 686-4394     |BITNET: 556@OREGON1
Systems Group                        |ARPA  : 556%OREGON1.BITNET@
University of Oregon Computing Center|          CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU

  UUCP: [your fav backbone]...!tektronix!uoregon!oregon2!oregon1!556