"Chris (C.R.) Lewis" <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 8 Nov 1993 11:14:00 +0000
In message "     Re: Subject: Message ("Your mailing for PACS-L has been submitted",
[log in to unmask] writes:

>> I did see this phrase before posting my question.
>> But what I meant was : it doesn't tell me *which e-mail message* it is
>> about

>Sigh. I'm not certain whether it makes much sense to keep track
>of *every* message Subject: line -- a vast majority of people
>don't respond to the same mailing list so many times in a finite
>time period that the delay between the posting and the response
>is significant.

It doesn't have to keep track of any Subject: lines from other
messages.  It simply has to copy the Subject: line of the message
it's acknowledging.
--
Chris Lewis, 4C22, BNR Carling, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Elegant Communications, on contract to Bell Northern Research