Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 23 Jul 1991 23:36:19 +0200
The fix I mentioned last week on  LSTSRV-L appears to be effective and is
now being  released as 17A-002o.  All sites are potentially  affected and
should  install the  fix preventively,  as it  is a  timing problem.  The
symptoms are incoming spool files  occasionally showing up in the console
log with  bogus local  node origins,  such as  'E@nodeid', 'RVM:@nodeid',
etc. In some cases (blank in the  "userid" part), a REXX error can occur.
Depending  on  the contents  of  the  file,  extraneous warnings  may  be
generated, or the command may be rejected and data can be lost. While the
number  of files  actually  affected is  very small  (less  than for  the
interpreter failure problem mentioned recently), the potential for severe
damage  is here  and everyone  should thus  install 17A-002o,  which also
includes a minor fix to make  LDBASE behave properly when the user enters
HX.

  Eric

PS: There is no  difference between the code in 17A-002o  and what I sent
    earlier to people who requested it.