Listserv Admin <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 26 Sep 1997 11:30:42 -0400
On Thu, 25 Sep 1997, Pete Weiss wrote:

> Going to the MX host haleakala.aloha.net for aloha.net and issue SMTP
> comands produced:
> 250 Justus Albert Muller <[log in to unmask]>
   Thanks again Pete.  I contacted [log in to unmask] and abuse@aloha
and the only reply I received was from a Customer Service Rep for ALOHA
who apparently was the one who set up the forwarding to our Listserv.  I
guess they don't get much training.

I heard from the listserv postmaster at ASU this am and they took
[log in to unmask] off of all their lists.  I served the address off so
other listserv lists out there that this person was subscribed to will no
longer get our listserv errors distributed.  Initially, I thought it just
a local problem until I saw other mail coming in and listserv trying to
reply to other lists.

Below is the reply from Aloha (clarify: I said "the *act* was pure
stupidity/ignorance", but they took it personally.)

--Trish