Jacob Haller <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 21 Mar 2002 13:04:44 -0500
>I know that for an individual subscriber you can set DIGest/NODIGest which
>causes the subscriber to receive one posting per digest cycle
>(typically daily) rather than individual messages as they are
>processed by LISTSERV.   Can I set up a list to do this
>automatically for all sunscribers?  I've been reading the manual,
>page 68, and am getting for confused.

Sure.  Use the "Default-Options=" mailing list keyword for this.
Specifically, adding:

        Default-Options= digest

to your mailing list's settings should result in all new subscribers
automatically being set to DIGest mode.

If you want to set all current subscribers to digest mode as well,
you can do so by issuing the following command (I would be cautious
about doing this, though; at minimum I would tell the subscribers
that you were planning to do this):

        QUIET SET listname DIGEST FOR *@*

Thanks,

--
Jacob Haller, Technical Support
L-Soft international, Inc

Support is available 9:00-18:00 ET, Monday-Friday
except on the following holidays:
http://www.lsoft.com/products/default.asp?item=holidays