"Wayne T. Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 14 Jun 2002 10:30:39 -0400
On 13 Jun 2002 at 21:31, Siegfried Schmitt wrote, in part:
> >Can i shutdown the spam mail notification? I have over 50 mail spam
> >notification everyday!
> I also see a high number of spam notifications every day, but the best
> solution might be to introduce something like a "Daily spam notification
> monitoring report" (similar to the "Daily error monitoring report") with
> only one message every day.

As I've written in the past, I find these less than totally useless.  That
LSoft does spam detection is good ... just don't bug me ... that someone
somewhere is spamming is not important to this LISTSERV site maintainer.

Another idea: place all spam in an (LSoft) LISTSERV mailing list and allow
people/customers to subscribe (I would not). If Siegfried's suggestion has
merit, then it could be implemented with an INDEX subscription to this
mailing list.  If I then had need of the information (I never have in many
years of involvement with LISTSERV), I could go to the archives!

cheers, wayne

Wayne T. Smith                         Systems Group - UNET
[log in to unmask]                 University of Maine System