"Warhurst, SI (Spencer)" <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 11 Oct 2002 09:37:27 +0100
Has anyone here had problems with address harvesting from public archives,
and if so what do you do to block it? We have A-Z & Category pages on our
main web that link through to all the listname.html pages for lists with
public archives, so it would be possible for harvesters to follow the links
through to the archives themselves & pull out addresses.

Also, while this is not exactly Listserv related (well, it is for me, for
reasons connected to the above!), does anyone know if there is a particular
problem with Hotmail where spammers use programs that work like  password
crackers, in that they use a dictionary of words/names to form email
addresses and then spam them in the hope they exist? If you have read any
articles about that kind of thing and could point me to them, that would be
even better.

Thanks

--
Spencer Warhurst