Matthew Henry <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 27 Oct 1994 03:25:17 GMT
I have a question concerning bit.listservs.

A new service provider has come into town and is saying that they have to copy
all the USENET news everyday from a provider.

I am currently using a service provider that has NNTP. I've had no problem
accessing USENET news with them.

Here's the question. The BIT.LISTSERV.PMAIL group is empty when I look at
the new providers news. My current provider has about 60 messages for the
same BIT.LISTSERV.PMAIL group.

What is happening? Does the new provider not understand how to get news
feeds from BIT.LISTSERV? I thought a true NNTP server pointed to the correct
location where the newsgroup orginated?

Thanks for the help!

-Matthew Henry, [log in to unmask]