Bill Verity <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 5 Sep 2007 15:30:01 -0400
I've been working with LSOFT on some archive problems and am curious
if anyone else is having problems.
We are running Listserv 15.0 on AIX.

The first problem I've been having is an apparent bad index file.
When viewing an article that has this problem I get

Archives - Error

The format of the index file is invalid. Please try again in about 30
seconds, and report the problem if it persists for more than a few
minutes.

The index file appears to be fine and getting it rebuilt does not
help.  Some weeks have the problem, others do not.

The second problem, which I just noticed today for the first time is
where an article displays the wrong text.  It appears to be starting
in the middle of another article.  Again, the index file looks fine,
the beginning lines and line counts look good and the archive file
itself looks good.

--
A bicycle can't stand alone; it is two tired.

Bill Verity - 814-865-4758  Fax: 814-863-7049
215A Computer Building - Information Technology Services, Penn State University
At the office - on my Mac, of course ;-)