"Louis J. Wiesemann" <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 20 Mar 1997 13:15:13 EST
   Over last weekend I put our LMail 1.2a server in production to completely
replace our Crosswell MAILER service.  We had been running since last summer
with LMail distributing LISTSERV mail to the network and MAILER continuing
to distribute local mail.

   When we upgraded to LISTSERV 1.8a last summer, along with the LMail
install, our list owners were happy that they started to receive so much
less mail due to bounced LISTSERV posts.  With the upgrade last weekend
they now are again getting lots of bounced mail messages.  I've been over
the LISTSERV and LMail docs many times now.  I assume I am missing something,
but I haven't been able to find what the problem is.

   This is the kind of errors I am seeing:

>Date:         Wed, 19 Mar 1997 18:49:19 -0500
>From:         "L-Soft list server at University of Louisville (1.8b)"
>Subject:      OUTDOR-L: error report from MAIL.ATT.NET
>To:           [log in to unmask]
>
>The enclosed mail file has been identified as a delivery error for list
>OUTDOR-L because it was sent to the reserved 'owner-outdor-l' mailbox.

>              ...    (stuff deleted)    ...
>
>Not-Delivered-To: [log in to unmask]  due to code 11 "Transfer Failure";
>        arrived Tue, 11 Mar 1997 22:09:58 +0000;
>        Supplementary-info "System cinbell failed to pick up your messages -
>       message
>discarded"

   I would appreciate any suggestions.

   Thanks,

University of Louisville                  [log in to unmask]