Frans-Jozef Sprengers <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 25 Sep 90 10:22:59 MET
Dear Eric,

On Mon, 24 Sep 90 18:04:05 O you said:
>If a password is not required, it  is not checked. This is a general rule
>for all keywords and prefixes, if they are not required, they will not be
>checked and you will get no complaint; this saves time and a lot of code,
>and  makes it  possible to  write execs  that always  send such  keywords
>without having to worry if they are really necessary. For the password it
>is even  more complicated, as  you can specify  a password for  the whole
>job; what  then if  there are  commands in the  job for  which it  is not
>required, but where  it does not match the password  that would then have
>been expected?
>
>  Eric
O.k., I shall not insist on dumping the job ! :-)
I asked if it was possible for LISTSERV to warn me for a wrong password,
which was not required. Apparently that is not possible.....(see above)
But couldn't LISTSERV warn me that the password will not be checked,
because it is superfluous (remember: Validate=Store-Only). As an
owner of xx lists I cannot remember which list has a Validate=All-commands.

Thanks in anticipation
and kind regards,
~Frans-Jozef~