Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 13 Dec 2007 00:35:22 +0100
The problem with these OS support matrixes is that, to take Solaris as an example, 39% of our Solaris customers run Solaris 8 or older. There would be a mob with feathers and tar if we ran Solaris 10 on our development systems and people had to upgrade to that version to install new LISTSERV versions ;-) The same goes for most operating systems where you need one piece of real iron for every version you want to have in house. We end up not being able to have every version in house. This being said, I remember seeing a binary compatibility guarantee on Sun's web site for Solaris 10, and we do have a few customers running Solaris 10 and no mob outside the office, not that I could see this morning anyway ;-) So I am pretty sure it does work.

  Eric