Valdis Kletnieks <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 16 Feb 2001 00:14:17 -0500
On Thu, 15 Feb 2001 22:44:39 CST, Steve Price said:
> The only ones that look like they might get anywhere close to mattering
> are 'data seg size' and 'stack size'.  The former is still quite a
> bit more than the 128M that you mentioned.  How high did you have to go
> with your setting?  This listserv handles four lists and a few hundred
> subscribers.

Umm.. the lsv process hovers around 190M.  That's with 3,500+ lists
and a bunch of subscribers.

> As for the stack size, it doesn't seem like listserv would need more than
> a 64K stack, but I'm willing to up it and give it a try.  Thanks for the
> suggestions.
Umm.. no.. that's a 64*M* stack..

Of course, it *could* be crashing due to a bug. ;)

The trick here is to catch several coredumps, and see if it's crashing
at the same stack traceback each time (indicating a bug) or if it's
blowing up very randomly (indicating something external, or a memory-overlay
bug that causes problems way down the line).

Good luck. ;)

/Valdis