Stan Horwitz <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 12 Aug 2005 09:45:50 -0400
On Aug 12, 2005, at 9:17 AM, Bill Verity wrote:

> I recently restored some old notebook files for a list, but the
> list's archive page won't show the new files.  Before the restored, I
> had 3 notebooks: list.log0506, lists.log0507 and lists.log0508.  Now
> I have list.log0405 thru log0508.
>
> When I delete the list.dbindex, list.dbnames and list.dbrindex files,
> they get rebuilt and reflect the new notebooks.  However, the
> list.html file is note updated, even overnight and the new list.ind
> files have not been created.  The only 3 that are there are
> list.ind0506, list.ind0507 and list.ind0508.
>
> How can I force the web pages to be updated?

Bill, this may make you feel a bit uncomfortable, so before you do
what I suggest,
make a backup copy of the list's .html file. My suggestion is for you
to delete that
list's .html file. After you also delete the .dbindex and .dbnames
files, you should get
and put the list's header. This will cause the index files to be
generated, but it will
also cause a new .html file to be generated for the list in question.

Just as you have to ditch the .db* and .ind* files for the list, you
also need to
ditch the .html file. I do not see in your email that you tried doing
so yet, so that's
why I am suggesting it.