"Eric Thomas (CERN/L3)" <ERIC@LEPICS>
Wed, 3 Aug 88 12:51:30 GMT
LSVCHGMS contained code to modify GLOBLIST FILE to change BOSTONU into BUACCA.
Regardless of the fact that this is not the way to do it, as each line of this
file contains a checksum which will of course change if the nodeid changes, it
did  not update  the  LISTS database  information.  When LISTSERV@BOSTONU  was
switched from BOSTONU  to BUACCA, it sent  an update file about  all its "new"
lists, so the BUACCA info in LISTS database is presently accurate. The BOSTONU
info  is wrong,  however, and  does not  matches GLOBLIST  FILE (-->  checksum
errors). I have just sent a job to delete all the BOSTONU entries from all the
LISTS databases in the  network. If the entries are still  there after the job
has been processed, you will have to do a DATABASE REFRESH LISTS (normally you
shouldn't need to  - I didn't do it  here and it worked just fine,  but then I
had done  it before after I  saw there were still  a few BOSTONU lists  in the
database; I just wanted to make sure they were really there :-) ).

Regards, Eric