Sun, 9 Sep 90 13:19:43 EDT
I managed about 20 lists, most of which are unedited and have moderately
large subscriberships.  In recent weeks we've twice been deluged with
error messages of the type below.  I assume that these notes are
being distributed because the message in the subject field is not one
that listserv is tuned to recognize.  Can it be added soon? This particular
situation is exacerbated as it seems that the channels are only
open sporadically between here and Belfast, so our Belfast user gets
innudated with a run of backed up messages, his/her mailbox space is
exhausted, and then we are deluged with error replies.  Between 12 and
2am today, over 4,000 lines of these error replies were returned to us
in 60 to 70 messages.  Most had been distributed to the list membership
before we happened to notice the situation and popped the list into
edited mode.  Of course, we shy at the thought of editing 20+ lists.

Thanks for your help.

Tim Stephen
RPI