Nora King <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 19 Jan 1996 13:21:44 -0600
I am a member of an online support group that is seeking a mailing list
provider.  Right now our list is using my personal account and due to
growth, we are seeking another provider that would be interested in
allowing us to expand.

The list began several years ago with two people who were on America
Online.  These two people were members of Overeater's Anonymous (a 12-step
program similar to Alcoholics Anonymous) and wanted to create a place in
cyberspace where they could share their experience, strength and hope in
recovering from eating disorders.  The idea quickly caught on and by the
spring of last year there were approximately 180 members, all using manual
addressbooks to write to one another.  At that time, we automated the list
with SendMail provided by my internet provider.  Earlier this week we had
to close the list to new members because we had gotten too big for my ISP
to handle.

Currently we have one large list of nearly 300 members that is managed with
SendMail.  Subscribes and unsubscribes to the list are handled manually.
About  a dozen related special interest lists of approximately 35 members
each have sprung off of this main list.  These smaller lists are not
automated.

Recently we put up a web page and this has attracted members from all over
the world.  If you would like more information about our group you may look
at our Web Page at http://www.hiwaay.net/recovery/.  It is still under
construction.  We are not for profit.  Although most of our members are
also members of Overeater's Anonymous, our mailing list is not affiliated
with that group in any official way.

We would like the capability to automate all our lists with a program such
as Majordomo or Listserv and the capablilty to grow as our membership
grows.  We are also looking into the possibility of making our largest list
available as a newsgroup.  Please let me know if this is an account you
would be interested in.

I do not read your newsgroup and would appreciate a reply by email.  Thanks
so much for listening to my request.

----Nora