F J Kelley <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 6 Nov 2015 18:27:48 +0000
Hi,
One of our administrators is asking about a non-delivery report she received:

 "
Your message wasn't delivered to anyone because it's too large. The limit is 9 MB. Your message is 12 MB.

[log in to unmask] ([log in to unmask])
Your message is larger than the size limit for messages. Please make it smaller and try sending it again.

listserv.cc.uga.edu gave this error:
 SMTPSEND.OverAdvertisedSize; message size exceeds fixed maximum size
"

The list has no SIZELIM= coded.

Checking in the List keywords
http://lsoft.com/manuals/16.0/listkeyw.html

The default is:
The LISTSERV default for Sizelim= is determined by the value of the site configuration variable FILEMAXL, which in turn defaults to 500K lines.

FILEMAXL is not set in go.user

So 500K lines.
9M limit is 9216K is 9437184 bytes.  Assuming 80-byte "lines" this is 117964.8 well below 500 K.

12 M is 12288 K is 12582912 bytes.  Assuming the same 80-byte line, this is 157286.4

So am I figuring the size incorrectly?  She has sent this via the internal mail system with no problems.
Thanks,
--Joe