"Dwight M. McCann" <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 12 Jun 1992 09:48:31 PDT
I wish to remove xxxx FILELIST.  I had no trouble removing xxxx FILEID.
I then did 'LSVPUT xxxx FILELIST (DELETE' and got a message saying, "...
Filelists must never be updated via PUT. ..."

So I thought I would forget that part momentarily and simply remove the
reference to xxxx FILELIST from the LISTSERV FILELIST.  I edited the
LISTSERV FILELIST and did 'LSVPUT LISTSERV FILELIST (PUT' and got a
message saying, "File "xxxx FILELIST" removed from filelist but still
present on disk. PUT request rejected."

So, what is the proper way of removing xxxx FILELIST?  Can it be done
using LSVPUT?  My next attempt will be to get LISTSERV to CMS ERASE xxxx
FILELIST, but I would really prefer using LSVPUT somehow.

Dwight