Ted Manos <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 3 May 1991 11:35:17 CST
On Fri, 3 May 91 10:23:26 BST <KINSELLA@IRTCCARL> said:
>I can easily arrange to grab mail coming from such lists, but if I send
>a signoff command from my account, Listserv won't know that it is a different
>user that I wish to signoff the list.
>Is there an easy solution? (I know the obvious one of log on as the student
>but that is messy.)

Yes, there is!  You can use the "FOR xxxx" format of the SIGNOFF/UNSUB
command, assuming that you are a NAD/Postmaster.  If you have many of
them to signoff, you can even set up a "batch job" to do the whole
schmear in one quick, painless shot.  See the LISTSERV docs LISTMAST MEMO,
LISTMAST REFCARD, and LISTJOB MEMO for more details.

-Ted
Ted Manos   NAD/TechRep/InfoRep   BITNET  : TMANOS@HARPERVM
Systems & Networking Consultant   Internet: [log in to unmask]
Harper Community College          UUCP net: !uunet!harpervm.bitnet!tmanos
Palatine, IL  60067-7398          VoiceNet: (708) 980-7919 (Alpha Omega)