"Tansin A. Darcos & Company" <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 28 Aug 1993 20:41:12 -0400
From: Paul Robinson <[log in to unmask]>
-----
Steven Hodas <[log in to unmask]>, writes:

> A friend of mine wants to subscribe to some mailing lists from
> her America OnLine account. The problem is that their mail
> software requires that something go in the subject line or it
> won't send the mail. She's tried putting spaces in but it
> doesn't work.
>
> Does anyone know of a workaround? If so, please mail it to me.

The following can be referred to as the "Federal Express" Subject
line dropper (When it absolutely, positively has to get there without
a subject line)  Let's say she wants to subscribe to the stupid list
([log in to unmask]), the she should send the following type of
message (with any subject) to

where essentially the following text appears (the second line after
the //TO card is only if she wants a copy back):

//MSG01 JOB ECHO=NO
DISTRIBUTE MAIL
//TO  DD *
LISTSERV@BITNET1