"Mark R. Williamson - Postmaster" <MARK@RICE>
Fri, 19 Jun 87 18:58:49 CDT
I also note that there are a couple of other glitches in the case handling.

1. LISTSERV will apparently allow a user to subscribe under different cases,
then will issue a warning message when a list owner deletes somebody else
from the list.  In my particular case, RAGAN@CDCCENTR appeared in normal
(alpha by node) order in a list, while ragan@CDCCentr appeared at the end,
out of sequence (a new way of handling additions?).  When I deleted another
subscriber, I got a message claiming RAGAN@CDCCENTR was a duplicate "in the
replacement file I sent".  This message occurred multiple times, so it
seems not to be self-healing.

2. LISTSERV seems to insist on matching cases for a deletion.  I guess this
is good, since otherwise I couldn't pick which RAGAN/ragan to delete, but
it is annoying.  Are we trying to support differently cased addresses as
separate people??