Scott Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 1 Oct 2002 16:22:34 -0400
Hi!
     When packet filtering is enabled on our Proxy Server, Listserv via
LSMTP cannot send email outside of our domain. The outbound messages gather
in the listser/spool folder, but no errors appear in the LSMTP and LISTSERV
logs. The Resolver tool in LSMTP can find home.ease.lsoft.com (so it is not
a DNS problem), but cannot find the mailer. When I disable packet filtering,
outgoing messages are released and the Resolver tool locates both
home.ease.lsoft.com and the mail server at that location. All outbound ports
are open, but apparently an inbound port on our Listserv server needs to be
opened somewhere. Can anyone advise on which port? It seems
counter-intuitive since only outbound mail is affected and all outbound
ports. Inbound mail to our listserv server is received without problems.

Scott
Scott Thomas
Head of Information Technologies
Scranton Public Library