"Alan S. Dobkin" <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 20 Feb 1998 02:56:40 -0500
I've had a few requests for LISTSERV-related statistics lately, so I
thought I'd see if others have any advice before I spend a lot of time
trying to figure out how to get the information they need.

The first request is to get a list of everyone who has ever *posted* a
message to a particular list, along with how many postings they've sent to
that list.  All of this information is contained in the archives, but I
can't find a built in database command to access it.

The second request is to get general system statistics, such as mail
delivery times, numbers of messages, etc.  I got some of this using the
sf90m utility that comes with LSMTP, and in fact, I wrote a quick and
dirty perl script to that the apply the sf90m tool to an entire month at
once and create a .csv value that can then be opened in Excel as a chart.
(If anyone wants this script, just let me know.)  However, I'd like a
little more information than what's available with this utility.  For
example, I'd like to produce information similar to the LSMTP statistics
on the L-Soft LSMTP web pages.  Any advice?

Thanks,
Alan

| Alan S. Dobkin @ Emory U. ITD | 1784 N. Decatur Rd. | E-Mail Address: |
|   Operating Systems Analyst   | Suite 300 (3rd Fl.) |     ADobkin     |
|  Internet/Intranet Services   | Atlanta, GA 30322   |   @Emory.Edu    |
| http://ADobkin.ITD.Emory.Edu/ |  (404) 727-2766     | FAX #: 727-2599 |