Paul Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 11 Apr 2000 11:11:14 -0400
I get around the problem of being both an owner and a maintainer on the
same server by using two owner= statements in the lists which I really
own. The primary owner address is my real address, which is also defined
as a maintainer address. The secondary, quiet owner address is an alias
which resolves to my real email address, but which is not defined as a
maintainer address. If you cannot create an alias on the mail server where
you receive your mail, and you do not have access to another email account,
you could, as the LISTSERV maintainer, create a forwarding alias or account
on the LISTSERV server and use that as the quiet address. When I want a
list of the lists which I really own, I send the following command:

     for MY_ALIAS lists owned

It works like a charm.

-- pdr