LISTSERV Administrator <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 31 May 1996 13:37:55 EST
Okay... I have a weird one (actually two) that maybe someone has some
ideas about.  We've got 1.8c running on Windows NT.  In the site.catalog
I have:

listname.CATALOG C:\LISTSERV\dir\listdir\listname.CATALOG ALL OWNER(listname)

In the file listname.CATALOG (yes, it's in the right path), I have:

listname.FILE1 listname.FILE1 ALL OWNER(listname)

If I tell LISTSERV to GET listname.FILE1, it sends it to me, no questions
asked, so it obviously knows where the file is.  But... if I do an
INDEX listname
all I get back is a list of the LOGyymm files, and none of the files
listed in listname.CATALOG.

If I do INDEX listname.CATALOG, I get an error (no surprise) that says
that listname.CATALOG.FILELIST doesn't exist.  If I change listname.CATALOG
to listname.FILELIST (just for grins), it tells me it's sending the filelist,
but it never does.

Anyone have any ideas?

Oh... and while I'm at it... we're GMT -0500, and the control panel in
NT says that, and the log gives the correct time, but a SHOW STATS and
outgoing mail shows us as GMT -0000.  Is there a hidden "feature" here?

And for anyone migrating to NT in the near future, there's a thing
you should know about your NT setup that is not-quite-documented yet.
(Nathan did the "I coulda had a V8" slap on the forehead when we
were having major backlog problems on our new system earlier this week.)
Go into the Registry Editor (regedt32) to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.  Select
SYSTEM.  Select CurrentControlSet.  Select FileSystem.  Select the
first item (NtfsDisable8dot3FileNameCreation or something like that)
and set it to 1, not 0... otherwise when you migrate, you may find
yourself backlogged to the hilt while your SMTP workers thrash around
on DOS-compatible filenames.  (This is your brain.  This is your brain
on DOS.  Just say "No".  Friends don't let friends do DOS.)

Thanks!
-Holly