Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 25 Sep 2002 15:11:01 +0200
> data(kbytes)         131072
> stack(kbytes)        32768
> memory(kbytes)       32768

I would increase these limits, independently of the problem you are experiencing, unless you have a small workload.

I suspect that the most relevant difference between 1.8d and 1.8e is that 1.8d was compiled on a 1994 RS/6000 running AIX 3.2 whereas 1.8e was compiled on AIX 4.3. A program compiled on 3.2 might run with an older library or within a compatibility environment or whatever (I am just speculating, I haven't done any research yet). We still have the 1994 box and it works fine, but the monitor died and it used a special kind of proprietary connector, so we are blind, so to speak. We could probably still try to resurrect it and compile 1.8e there to see what happens. Otherwise I cannot think of any changes in the SMTP workers that would lead to this problem, especially as it only seems to happen on AIX.

Anyway, does 3.2 vs 4.3 ring any bells for anyone?

  Eric