Valdis Kletnieks <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 14 Jun 2013 09:59:13 -0400
On Fri, 14 Jun 2013 00:28:24 -0000, Michele Francis said:
> Does anyone have any details to share about a statement in logs, "GET listname FILELIST (MSG"?  I have too many that I would like to stop.

Is it arriving via email or the web interface?

If via e-mail, use standard methods to block based on source.

If via HTTP, it's probably a spider, so use robots.txt to block it, and/or
change the list archives visibility.  Of course, doing that will reduce the
ability of Google to find your postings.  Not sure it will affect Bing
any however (the Bing spiders appear to be on crack anyhow, based on what
my Apache logs say.  I remain unconvinced that Bing is able to index a
Listserv site even without robots.txt stopping it).