Andrew Bosch <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 12 Oct 2005 14:29:48 -0500
Thunderstone also has a serviceable search engine, called Webinator, that they are marketing as an appliance.

http://www.thunderstone.com

andrew

Here's an example of a GOOGLE SITE search for PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM (home to lstown-l, among others)

http://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Apeach.ease.lsoft.com

http://www.google.com/search?num=100&hl=en&lr=&safe=off&q=site%3Apeach.ease.lsoft.com+lstown-l+2005&btnG=Search

It is my understanding that GOOGLE licenses their engine to companies with the product name GOOGLE APPLIANCE.  You could thus provide your own search services under you site's policies for indexing.

http://www.google.com/enterprise/

PSU has done so:

http://search.psu.edu/

/Pete