Eric Thomas <ERIC@FRECP11>
Thu, 18 Sep 1986 18:11 SET
  Jose, I  was not aware  of that  kind of problem  and I agree  that something
should be done. The reason why I use  that keywords method is that I can imple-
ment the change you  suggested in about 45 seconds :-) The  new keyword will be
"Language=xxxxxx", which, at present, will only affect the mail forms. However,
I will perhaps implement other uses of this keyword, eg different languages for
the helpfiles (note: this  IN NO WAY means I'll feel  obligated to provide help
files in all the  languages I know :-) ). You can go  on and prepare your lists
and MAILFORMs  for the change,  I'll send you  the modified version  ASAP (last
sentence was for Jose).

  Niall asked  me about which  datafiles needed  by LISTSERV only  during table
generation, and which are needed all the  time. The answer is: BITEARN NODES is
needed only  during execution of the  NODESGEN command, while the  mailer files
are needed all the time (they are used by LSVXMAIL).

  You will perhaps receive a file  via LSTSRV-D called UPD14B MEMOS, containing
the missing memos  for 1.4b. All you'll have  to do is to CARD LOAD  it on your
server, and possibly  read it (changes indicated  by a vertical "!"  in col 1).

  Eric