Marty Hoag <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 17 Nov 1993 10:32:05 CST
On Wed, 17 Nov 1993 09:34:41 CST Chris Barnes said:
>I am trying to figure out how to have a second account also be the
>owner of a list, but no receive any of the error messages.  I looked
>at another list header and saw this:
>
>*  Owner=  ADDR1@NOIDE1 (Firstname Lastname)
>*  Owner=  Quiet: [log in to unmask] (Firstname Lastname)
>
>So I put this in my list header:
>
>*  Owner = huntmod@tamvm1 (Chris Barnes)
>*  Owner = Quiet: cbarnes@tamvm1 (Chris Barnes)
                  *

   You need a comma here - everything after the space is a comment I think.
So try * Owner= quiet:,cbarnes@tamvm1    (I do it this way)
            or
       * Owner= quiet:                (all owners after quiet: are quiet)
       * Owner= cbarnes@tamvm1
   I also recently found you can redirect the notify notices when required.
For example, we had some lists where a certain group wanted to get the
notices but maybe the primary owner didn't (he or she just dealt with
the errors, etc.).  So besides Notify= Yes (defaults to Owners ) or Notify= NO
you can do something like:

    * Notify= [log in to unmask]

you can even have several Notify entries this way.

      Marty