Eric Thomas <ERIC@FRECP11>
Mon, 25 Aug 1986 12:20 SET
  To those of you who receive mail both from LSTSRV-L@FRECP11 and LSTSRV-L@UIUC
VMD: I will remove  you from the UIUCVMD list as soon as  the links allow me to
do so. No matter  the reason, they have been down since  friday. Sorry for this
inconvenience.

  Phil:  this is  *precisely*  what  LISTSERV does,  READCARD  and PUNCH  (NOH.

  Jeff: won't work...  the file would be received on  the appropriate disk, but
not with the appropriate filename and filetype. The guy could send me an ACCESS
MODULE in disk dump  format, looking like a ZOZO MAIL (from Q  R ALL), and DISK
LOAD would then receive it as ACCESS MODULE  on the 192. Then when I ACCESS 191
A, what happens?  Remember that ACCESS MODULE is not  resident on SP3. Besides,
I could easily  find another example if  I really wanted to  hack a LISTSERV...

  Richard: you're right... Those  of you who don't have YDISK  won't be able to
support DISK LOAD format,  until I modify DISK to allow  parameters on the LOAD
command.

  Ah, I forgot:
- Names with special  characters now enclosed within double  quotes (John's re-
  quest).
- No more than 5  userids on the "To:" header, even if there  are 30 persons at
  the destination node. This is less efficient but 30 people on the To:-list is
  a real pain.

  Eric