Chris Barnes <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 9 Feb 1995 10:17:34 CST
I recently moved a large list to another Listserv machine.  After the
move, I completely deleted the old list from the former Listserv
(ie. tell listserv cms delete listname * * ).

I thought that by doing this, if people tried to subscribe to the list
to the old listserv, it would be forwarded to the correct machine (the
other listserv is registered, etc.), but that is not happening.  Is
there something else I need to do, or does it just take time for the
other listservs to find out about the change (this was almost a week
ago)?

Chris Barnes                                 (409) 846-3273 (home)
[log in to unmask]                        (409) 845-9520 (work)

If you want to make life easier for novice computer users, do NOT give
them a restricted menu.  A restricted menu is simply the lazy way to
avoid teaching them what they really need to know in the first place.