Douglas Palmer <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 23 Oct 2006 11:54:09 -0400
Long about 03:06 PM 10/22/2006, Bill Verity sent the following:

>We are planning to move our server to a faster machine later this
>week.  Curious if any of you have any words of wisdom.
>
>2. Create a reverse proxy to route http://lists.psu.edu traffic to
>http://lists.aset.psu.edu

Everything looks like it should work.... but you may not need the
complexity of a reverse proxy unless the new system is not available
publicly. You may just be able to put a permanent redirect on the old
system so that browsers are automatically forwarded to the right system.

-- DCP