Bob Jackiewicz <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 12 Sep 1996 21:18:05 GMT
Sorry if this has been discussed before, but I realize that I have a
semi-large problem today.

Apparently, we submitted a :newnode tag for uicvm to be uicvm.uic.edu.
The bitearn.nodes file was reloaded early this morning, and the problem
has popped up today.

When people try to post to Send= Private lists, they are rejected when the
following happens: they send mail from UICVM, which goes out as
uicvm.cc.uic.edu, but they are subscribed to the list as uicvm.uic.edu.
Now,   show alias uicvm  shows that uicvm.cc.uic.edu and uicvm.uic.edu
are both aliases for the same machine. Why is it, now, that ListServ
does not know that they are the same? Exactly what is broken or
doesn't work the way I think it should?

This is listserv 1.8b for AIX on listserv.uic.edu. As this is somewhat
a major problem, and help would be appreciated. Thanks!

--
Bob Jackiewicz            UIC Academic Computer Center           [log in to unmask]
University of Illinois at Chicago                            Network Services