Jim Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 20 May 1991 15:32:16 EST
 I couldn't find a mailing list where the question I have really fits
 in.  And since it's tangentially related to Listserv, I'm posting it
 here.  For the last week or so, all mail to Australian mailling list
 subscribers has been bouncing with the error:

 CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU unable to deliver following mail to recipient(s):
 550 Host 'CCADFA.CC.ADFA.OZ.AU' Unknown

 despite the fact that the hosts (I have several) can all be verified
 locally using "nslookup".  The postmaster at Cunyvm.Cuny.EDU confirmed
 there was a problem getting to Australian nodes, but that's it.  Since
 I'm assuming that the rest of you are having similar problems, I wanted
 to ask two questions.  One, any ideas on how to get this fixed?  I have
 no idea who to contact.  Second, what have you done with your Australian
 subscribers?  I "SET ... NOMAIL" for all mine and hopefully will be able
 to re-enable their mail service soon.  Any information or suggestions
 would be appreciated.

 -jj